Section 1 - Personal and Sensitive Information
Personal information is an opinion about an identified individual or any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, profession or occupation, bank account details.
Sensitive information is your health, genetic and biometric information and includes any of your personal information about race or ethnicity, political opinions and association, philosophical or religious beliefs or association, trade association or union membership, sexual orientation or practices, or criminal record.
Diversus does not collect Sensitive Information.
Section 2 - Why we collect Personal Information
Diversus collects personal information for the purposes of:
• providing a comprehensive range of products and services
• providing you with valuable information regarding relevant products and services from Diversus and appropriate Diversus contracted third parties;
• seeking a better understanding of potential buyer needs in order to develop a continually relevant range of products and services
• answering enquiries and providing information or advice about our products and services, including processing and responding to any complaint made by you
• marketing (including direct marketing), quality control and research purposes of Diversus
• processing business transactions
• updating our records
From time to time, Diversus will use personal information for marketing purposes, including direct marketing, mail, email, SMS, social media and telephone marketing, in accordance with the applicable laws.
Should you not wish to receive marketing information, you may opt out of receiving communications from Diversus by unsubscribing when you receive an email or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 3 - How we collect Personal Information
Normally the personal information we require to deliver our products and services, we collect directly from you. We may collect personal information in a number of ways including:
• through your access and use of our websites and social media
• by written forms including email
• by telephone
• in person to person contact (e.g. seminars and networking events)
• through security surveillance cameras (installed in some Diversus offices)
• when you or your organisation submit to us a document containing personal information (for example, contact forms, order forms, credit applications, financial statements, proof of identification, credit card payments, agreements, statements of work, surveys, promotions)
Diversus may also obtain Personal Information from third party sources e.g. law enforcement agencies and other government agencies, subcontractors or agents that form part of our sales and/or service network. In such cases Diversus will require a warranty from the third party that the information has been collected in accordance with Australian Privacy Principle, including notification that the information may be disclosed to third parties.
We may keep unsolicited personal information (personal information we receive that we have taken no active steps to collect) if the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our business functions or activities.
When collecting personal information by whatever means Diversus will ensure that appropriate notices are given and consents obtained in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. Most information is collected directly from the individual concerned.
Section 4 - Disclosure of Personal Information
• any third party organisations involved in our sales and support network, such as
• our authorised sales agents and dealers, authorised service providers and subcontractors
• any third party organisations involved in our business processing functions such as credit reporting bodies, payment gateway providers and debt collection providers
• any third party organisations involved in the operation, hosting and management of our information technology infrastructure, including our website
• any third party professional advisors, such as accountants, solicitors and business advisors
• any third party organisations that perform advertising or marketing services on our behalf
• suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships for business related purposes to:
o comply with any law, regulation, or binding direction of a regulator or governmental authority
o protect any person from death or serious bodily injury
o protect our commercial rights.
Section 5 – Storage and Security of Personal Information
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and have implemented technology and security processes to protect the personal information that we have collected. However, there are inherent risks in storing and transmitting information electronically so we cannot ensure the security of any information transmitted to or from us online and individuals do so at their own risk. Our websites have electronic security systems in place, including the use of firewalls and data encryption. User identifiers and passwords are also used to control access to your personal information.
Diversus uses a secure, reliable and trusted payment gateway for its online credit card transactions. When you enter sensitive information such as Credit Card numbers on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected via website or phone, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details.
Our websites may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representation or warranty as to the security and/or privacy practices of any third party website.
Diversus limits physical access to its offices and maintains all personal information in controlled environments that are secured against unauthorised access.
Section 6 – Correct or Update Personal Information
Every effort is made to ensure that personal information held is current, accurate and complete. You may request that we provide you with access to your personal information and/or amend your personal information if you believe it is inaccurate, outdated, incomplete irrelevant or misleading.
A request should be made in writing by mail or email as listed under the ‘Contact Us’ section below. We will generally respond to requests for access or correction within 30 days. We will not charge you to make a request for access or for a request for correction. However, we may charge you for our reasonably incurred costs in complying with your request, including costs for staff, searching, locating, retrieving, copying and giving the personal information.
Section 7 - Complaints
Complaints concerning the collection, disclosure or handling of your Personal Information by Diversus should be addressed to our Privacy Officer as listed under the ‘Contact Us’ section below. Any complaint should include the date, time and circumstances of the matter, how you believe your privacy has been breached under the Privacy Act and how you would like your complaint resolved.
The Privacy Officer will attempt to resolve the complaint within 30 days but this timeframe may be extended if further information is required from the complainant and/or an involved third-party.
If the complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction you can refer it to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (for further information, see www.oaic.gov.au).
Section 8 - Contact Us
Attention: Privacy Officer
16 Thelma Street West Perth 6005
Website: diversus.com.au and complete the details on the ‘Contact Us’ page
Phone: 1300 888 900 (Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm AWST)
For Diversus and its related entities. Current as at 12/10/2022.