In partnership with Entrust Datacard, we are sponsoring the ACS Digital Leaders Breakfast on Thursday, 15 August. The focus will be cybersecurity —?Game Changing Fraud Aware Security for Your Business and will be held at Fraser's in King Park starting at 7am.?
Today’s cyber-attacks are increasingly sophisticated and complex, driven by elaborate and resilient professional organisations that innovate faster than their targets. Hackers are not only after customers’ credit card details – they’re interested in any information that can be monetised in any way. The hackers’ motivation may be to get money, cause brand damage, or just to have fun at someone’s expense. A cyber-attack can have a domino effect on a business culminating in the loss of revenue and goodwill, regulatory scrutiny and fines, and even share price plunges.
The 50+ C-Suite attendees of the breakfast hold the responsibility for the information security of their companies from financial through to human capital.
Protection from cyber breaches is critical for companies as:
- There is a hacker attack every 39 seconds that affects one in 3 people every year!
- 43% of cyber-attacks target small business, and 64% of companies have experienced web-based attacks
- 62% of companies experienced phishing and social engineering attacks
- 59% of companies experienced malicious code and botnets, and 51% experienced denial of service attacks
- The average cost of a data breach in 2020 will exceed $150 million as more business infrastructure gets connected
- Since 2013, almost 4 million records have been stolen from breaches every day
- Only 38% of global organisations claim they are prepared to handle a sophisticated cyberattack
We welcome guest presenter Rajan Barara, Senior Product Manager at Entrust Datacard from Ottawa, Canada to take attendees through the cyber dangers that impact their business and how game-changing fraud-aware security can help business grow! Before embarking on his global career, Rajan earned an MSc in Data Engineering from Keele University in the UK and a B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering.
For Rajan's presentation CLICK HERE