Exciting news for Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) users in Perth.
A new user group has formed called the Perth Modern Excel & Power BI User Group. The Perth group is a chapter of the worldwide Modern Excel User Group (MEUG) and can be found at http://www.meetup.com/Perth-Modern-Excel-Power-BI-User-Group/
The user group co-founders Peter Schmidt and Bhavik Merchant both have extensive experience in Business Intelligence.
Date: 10 April 2014
Where: Bankwest, Seminar Room on the Mezzanine floor (up the escalator from the ground floor, across the bridge and turn right)
The Microsoft Power BI tools are Excel features to enhance the self-service BI experience by allowing users to discover, combine, refine and visualise their data. The suite comprises of:
- Power Query: The tool to discover, clean and mash up data including a ‘From Web’ capability.
- Power Pivot: The tool to combine and calculate data together in one model.
- Power View: The tool to create visual dashboards, charts, slicers and maps to tell your story and insights.
- Power Map: The tool to visualise this data in a 3D Map.
- Power BI for Office 365: Share and Collaborate!
Here is a link to a video presentation from the Microsoft Power BI Team